Family Emergency Preparedness Day
Family Emergency Preparedness Day is on Saturday, September 23, 2023, from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm, during National Preparedness Month.
We will be sharing tips and information on our Facebook page at Facebook.com/PrepareDE (link opens in new tab).
Log in and check it out! Downloadable resources are also available at the bottom of the PrepareDE Resources Page.
Family Emergency Preparedness Day is a yearly event co-sponsored by the Delaware Citizen Corps, Delaware Emergency Management Agency (DEMA), Kent County Department of Public Safety, Kent County Parks & Recreation, and Delaware Division of Public Health-Office of Preparedness-Emergency Medical Services & Preparedness Section.
Special demonstrations and activities will focus on emergency preparedness, such as the “Emergency Kit Relay Races” for kids. More than 30 exhibitors provide interactive displays and free giveaway items. The first attendees to complete an activity challenge will get a free treat! (until supply is gone). There are also plans to offer snacks and lunch to purchase from local food trucks.
Contact Kim O’Malley at email@example.com to learn more about the event.
Every year there are numerous exhibits, demonstrations, and activities. We encourage you to: Make a Plan, Build a Kit, and Stay Informed.
• Bayhealth Healthcare – Injury Prevention
• Beebe Healthcare – Injury Prevention, Water Safety, and Bike Helmets
• Camden-Wyoming Fire Company – Fire Trucks and Vehicle Extraction
• Chesapeake Utilities – Fire Demo Trailer
• Delaware Behavioral and Emotional Support Team (DE BEST)
• Delaware Division of Public Health – Office of Women’s Health
• Delaware Department of Transportation (DelDOT)
• Delaware Forest Service – Wildfire Prevention and Smokey Bear
• Delaware Office of Highway Safety – Seat Belt Safety Check
• Delaware State Fire School – Fire Safety and Sparky the Fire Dog
• Delaware State Police Helicopter
• Delaware Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (DEVOAD)
• Dover Air Force Base – Safety Trailer
• DSHS Division of Alcohol & Tobacco Enforcement – Impaired/Distracted Driver Simulator
• First State Military Academy Cadets – Volunteers
• Impact Life – Recovery Organization
• Kent County ARES/RACES – Amateur Radio Emergency Service
• Kent County Department of Public Safety – Hands-on CPR Training
• Kent County Paramedics
• Paws for People – Dogs
• PNC Bank
• Poison Control Center at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (Delaware Center)
• RespondDE (Medical Reserve Corps)
• St. Francis EMS
• State Council for Persons with Disabilities
• Sussex Vet Center
• University of Delaware – Center for Disabilities Studies
• Kona Ice – Dessert Truck
Save the Date:
September 23, 2023
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Brecknock Park in Camden